St.William Catholic School adheres to the Curriculum Standards and Religion Standards adopted by the Archdiocese of Detroit
Please click the following link to reach the Archdiocese of Detroit Schools page, where you can explore the curriculum and standards for all Archdiocese of Detroit Catholic Schools. http://www.aod.org/schools/curriculum/
St William is dedicated to meeting the learning needs of all students Preschool-Eighth Grade by using diversified teaching methods that are researched based and address the whole child as a unique learner. Important features of our curriculum are noted below.
- Our Catholic Faith is taught formally and infused in every part of our day
- Students actively participate in All school liturgies and monthly Adoration
- Disciples of Christ school-wide Virtues and discipline program
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level 1
- Adaptive testing to track students learning levels and growth scores
- Students follow their own Math and Reading tracks
- Inclusion program for High Needs Learners with Special Education teachers and para pros working in our SOUL room and the General Education setting
- Partnership with Walled Lake Public schools to meet the needs of all our learners.
- Block Scheduling in Middle School for more time spent focusing on learning activities which include Project based, Genius Hour, and Cross Curricular studies.
- Technology integrated into all subjects due to upgrades that include Classrooms fully networked with internet and wireless connections available in the computer lab and classroom .
- Computer Teacher that does “Push In” lessons at all grade levels to ensure technology is utilized.
- Extra curricular classes in Music, Physical Education , Art, Spanish, and Computers
- Zero Hour Band and Vocals for Middle School Students
- After School activities that include Drama, Sports Sampler, Little Vets, and Young Rembrandts
- CYO sports
- Robotics Club
Walled Lake Public School Services:
Testing and services based on qualifications. Students accepted into the SOUL room must have testing before a St. William Service Plan can take place. Acceptance into the Soul program is based on availability .
- Speech and Language
- Teacher Consultant
- Learning Disabilities Support
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Social Work Support
Check back often for updates and follow us on Facebook, “St. William Catholic School”.