To protect the health of our School Community and per the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services on October 6, 2020, St. William Catholic School will provide Public Notice to our School Community regarding School Associated Cases of COVID-19. Within 24 hours of being notified of a School Associated Case by the Oakland County Health Department, this dashboard will be updated to include new and cumulative COVID-19 case counts. Individuals identified as Close Contacts of School Associated Cases will be notified separately and directly by the Oakland County Health Department.
Last Updated: March 21, 2021 (*only updated when data changes)
STATUS OF INSTRUCTION AND SCHOOL-SPONSORED FUNCTIONS
- Instruction: In-person learning remains unchanged.
- School-Sponsored Functions: School sponsored functions have not been effected.
SCHOOL ASSOCIATED COVID-19 CASES
|Date Reported||Populations Affected||Number of Cases|
|Total as of 03/21/2021||6|
Within 24 hours of being notified of a School-Associated Case by the individual or our local county health departments, this dashboard will be updated to include new and cumulative COVID-19 case counts.
Our school will continue to take every precaution necessary. This may include spraying classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed, with a sanitizer, along with other methods of disinfection.
*Students that are absent – must have a doctor’s note to return to school per Covid mandates.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
- Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
Additional points from the AOD:
- Students that have been deemed as a close contact to a positive case MAY not return after a 10-day quarantine period. Quarantining for 14 days is the “gold standard” for COVID and St. William will be following it.
- Students that have been deemed as a close contact to a positive case CANNOT test negative and return to school after a 7-day quarantine period.
- Employees that have been deemed as a close contact to a positive case CANNOT return until after a 14-day quarantine period.
- Employees that have been deemed as a close contact to a positive case CANNOT test negative and return to work after a 7-day quarantine period.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the School Community who were or are suspected to have been in Close Contact with a School Associated Case will be notified by St. William Catholic School and/or Oakland County Health Department.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact Oakland County Health Department at 1-800-848-5533. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.